This scholarship was established in 1984 by a bequest from the Samuel J. and Anna Funk estate. Mr. and Mrs. Funk had been involved in the Mennonite Brethren Church during their active years. They had an interest in young people and expressed a concern that they should have adequate preparation to serve the Lord in all vocations of life. It was with this intent that this scholarship was established in their memory.
- Preference given to student applicants who are actively involved at Madera Avenue Bible Church or are direct descendants of Samuel J. and Anna Funk.
- Second preference shall go to a student actively involved in a Mennonite Brethren church.
- Student applicants who demonstrate financial need;
- Student athletes must meet NCAA Division II regulations for scholarships;
- Students who evidence Christian commitment and accept the moral standards of FPU and are in good standing and demonstrate sufficient academic ability to benefit from and complete a full course of study at Fresno Pacific University.
- Student applicants must be a citizen of the United States.
Direct descendants of Samual J. and Anna Funk will be given preference to receive this scholarship. If there are no qualifying descendants attending FPU, the scholarship will become available to students who meet the eligibility requirements. If you are a descendant, please describe how you are related to Samual J. and Anna Funk.