This scholarship was established in 1996 and funded by gifts to the Robert Wilson Scholarship fund from friends and former students.
Robert Wilson was initially employed at FPU as director of special education following his retirement from Fresno Unified School District where he was director of psychological services. Robert stepped down as director of pupil personnel services of Fresno Pacific University in 1996.
Robert served as an incarnate example of how God and the Holy Spirit work in the lives of those with whom he had contact. He was the recipient of the McDaniel Award as the outstanding counselor in California. He was a selfless brother and father to those who had the privilege to know him. The fund was established so Bob's spiritual presence would remain at FPU.
- Graduate students enrolled in the Pupil Personnel Services Program;
- Graduate students enrolled in the Special Education Program;
- Exhibited academic excellence in previous studies (minimum 3.0 GPA);
- Evidence of Christian commitment to the Lordship of Christ in their life;
- Personal character reflects the moral and ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University.
Please write an essay expounding on the following: Share how your gifts, talents and aptitudes will contribute to your success in your professional field of endeavor; and share how your leadership potential will enable you to be an advocate for students in your chosen field.