The Paul Toews/Peter Klassen Memorial Endowed Scholarship was established by the California Mennonite Historical Society in 2019:
1. To honor the research, writing, and publication of Dr. Paul Toews and Dr. Peter Klassen in the field of Anabaptist-Mennonite history;
2. To encourage research and writing in Anabaptist-Mennonite history (or a related field) on the part of students at Fresno Pacific University;
3. To help foster a new generation of scholars in Anabaptist-Mennonite history (or a related field).
- Undergraduate students who choose to do their Senior Project of research and writing in Anabaptist-Mennonite history (or a related Field);
- Graduate students who choose to do their Thesis researching and writing in anabaptist-Mennonite history (or a related field);
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5 in their major or graduate course of study;
- Meet NCAA Division II Regulations for Scholarships if a student-athlete;
- Have exhibited strong critical thinking skills;
- Show significant promise of future success in their chosen field of study.
A Related Field:
History will be the preferred field of anyone being a beneficiary of this scholarship, but faculty may approve a "related field" application (i.e.., in sociology, political science, economics, theology, etc.) if consistent with the overall purpose of the scholarship.