This scholarship was established to honor the many years Orrin Berg was involved with FPU, specifically the psychology department. Together with a Ph.D. in psychology and teaching an counseling experience in Christian and public schools, he was uniquely qualified to develop and direct the psychology major, which he did for 27 years. Orrin was committed to academic excellence and encouraged his students to expand their horizons and achieve their best. Because of that, this scholarship was established to assist students with strong academic performance by helping them purchase necessary books and supplies.
- Preference given to student applicants in and/or entering their senior year at Fresno Pacific University;
- Student applicants who have completed at least one full year at Fresno Pacific University;
- Student applicants majoring in psychology with the highest cumulative GPA;
- Student athletes must meet NCAA Division II Regulations for scholarships;
- Student applicants whose personal character reflects the moral and ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University.