This scholarship was established in 1985 by Mrs. Malinda Epp. Mrs. Epp and her late husband, Peter C. Epp, were active in the Reedley Mennonite Brethren Church. They took an active interest in the Christian schools sponsored by their home church and the Mennonite Brethren Conference. It was her desire that this scholarship encourage young people of the Reedley Mennonite Brethren Church to attend Fresno Pacific University in preparation for a life of useful service for Christ in whatever vocation the Lord might place them.
- Preference given to students from Reedley Mennonite Brethren Church;
- Demonstrates financial need;
- Student athletes must meet NCAA Division II Regulations for scholarships;
- Evidence of Christian commitment and acceptance of the moral standards of Fresno Pacific University;
- Demonstrates sufficient academic ability to complete a full course of study at Fresno Pacific University;
- Demonstrates potential and willingness for a positive contribution to the church, university and larger community.
Direct descendants of Mrs. Malinda Epp will be given preference to receive this scholarship. If there are no descendents attending FPU, the scholarship will become available to students who meet the eligibility requirements.