This scholarship was established in 2014 by Fresno Pacific alums Les and Esther Riffel. Fresno Pacific has been part of their family and extended family for decades, and the school their daughter chose as well. The Riffels continue to see Fresno Pacific as a valuable part of a person's education, particularly because of its Christian atmosphere. This scholarship reflects their generosity and joy in encouraging a new generation of students at FPU.
- Preference shall be given to traditional undergraduate student applicants;
- Preference shall be given first to student applicants from Madera, California, second to students from the north San Joaquin Valley, and finally to any student applicant who qualifies;
- Student applicants with a 2.5 or higher CUM GPA;
- Students athletes must meet NCAA Division II regulations for scholarships;
- Student whose personal character reflects the moral and ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University.
- Student applicants should submit a letter of character reference from a teacher or pastor/clergy.