This scholarship was established in 2003 by the family of John P. and Susie T. Funk to honor their memory. The Funk's gift to FPU carries with it the vision and dreams of John and Susie that many deserving, knowledge-seeking immigrant students will benefit in some measure from a Christian higher education.
- Preference given to student applicants who are immigrants to the USA;
- Student applicants who maintain a 3.0 GPA;
- Student applicants who demonstrate financial need;
- Student athletes must meet NCAA Division II regulations for scholarships;
- Personal character reflects the moral and ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University.