The Joel and Lucille Wiebe Endowed Scholarship was established in 2017 in loving memory. Joel and Lucille raised three children - both in Fresno and in Hillsboro, Kansas. Joel and Lucille invested the majority of their married life in Christian education. Joel worked at both Tabor College and Fresno Pacific as well as acting as superintendent for two different K-12 Christian school systems. Lucille was also involved at each stop, working in the college library, hosting students and faculty, and gardening on the college campus. Joel and Lucille were committed to the mission of Fresno Pacific University. it is the family's desire to share this vision with deserving students who find the experience of a Christian, Liberal Arts University part of their passion as well.
- Preference shall be given to incoming freshmen traditional undergraduate students and is renewable for all four years;
- Preference given to students who are actively involved in a Mennonite Brethren Church;
- Second preference given to a student with a strong desire to attend FPU and needs financial help;
- Students who maintain a 3.0 or higher CUM GPA;
- Students who demonstrate financial need;
- Student athletes must meet NCAA Division II regulations for scholarships;
- Students who demonstrate the potential and commitment to make a positive contribution to the larger FPU community.
Essay not required.