The Gerald "Gerry" Thiesen Annual Business Scholarship for Graduate Students was established in 2020 by Joshua and Brandy Thiesen to encourage the pursuit of academia for entrepreneurship in the Central Valley. Joshua and Brandy own and operate two businesses in the Central Valley. Both businesses share joint goals to see the people and businesses of the area thriving. Their passion is to give back to the community through volunteering and giving monetary gifts to those that can make an impact. Brandy also is an adjunct professor with the School of Business at Fresno Pacific University. the name of the scholarship is in honor of Joshua's dad, a man always striving to make the world a better place through his entrepreneurial spirit.
- Preference shall be given to applicants in the MBA Program or Leadership and Organizational Studies Program;
- Student applicants who live in the Central Valley of California;
- Student applicants with a 3.2 or higher CUM GPA;
- Must meet NCAA Division II legislation for Athletic Aid if a student athlete;
- Student applicants with a career goal to start or currently run their own business;
- Students who personal character reflects the moral and Ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University.