The Gerald "Gerry" Thiesen Annual Business Scholarship was established in 2018 by Joshua and Brandy Thiesen to encourage the pursuit of academia for entrepreneurship in the Central Valley. Joshua and Brandy own and operate two businesses in the Central Valley. Both businesses share joint goals to see the people and businesses of the area thriving. Their passion is to give back to the community through volunteering and giving monetary gifts to those that can make an impact. Brandy also is an adjunct professor with the School of Business at Fresno Pacific University. The name of the scholarship is in honor of Joshua's dad, a man always striving to make the world a better place through his entrepreneurial spirit.
- Preference shall be given to Degree Completion student applicants majoring in Business Administration;
- Student applicant(s) who live in the Central Valley of California;
- Student applicant(s) with a 3.2 or higher CUM GPA;
- Student-athlete(s) must meet NCAA Division II legislation for Athletic Aid;
- Student applicant(s) with a career goal to start or currently run their own business;
- Student(s) whose personal character reflects the moral and ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University.
- Recipients who enroll in a master's program at FPU upon graduating can reapply to this scholarship.
Career goal to start or currently run their own business.
Please share your plans to become a business owner or how you are currently running a business.