The Garneau-Penner-Clay Annual Scholarship was established in 2007 to provide financial assistance to students wishing to attend Fresno Pacific University. The scholarship was created to honor the memory of Leona Penner (mother of FPU alumna Donna Clay) and Gwendolyn Garneau (grandmother of Conrad Clay.) Although, Mrs. never pursued an extended education, she was a gifted vocalist and musician who passed on her love of music to her daughter, Donna. Mrs. Garneau was of Hawaiian descent and raised her daughter and grandson, Conrad. She was a woman of faith and very influential in Mr. Clay's life. Conrad Clay was proud of his womenfolk and wanted not only them, but other women of faith to have the chance to further themselves. With this in mind, his name was added to this scholarship in remembrance of him.
- Female student applicants with a GPA of 2.5 or higher majoring in music performance;
- Evidence of Christian commitment to the Lordship of Christ in their life;
- Preference given to female Pacific Islanders;
- Student athletes who meet NCAA Division II regulations for scholarships;
- Accept the moral and ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University.