This scholarship was established in April 2014 in memory of Romie Gonzalez, a loving and courageous woman. For more than a decade Romie desperately wanted to receive her degree from Fresno Pacific University. After battling breast and brain cancer, Romie realized her dream and graduated with a business degree in 2013. In Romie's words, "I never lost my hope and I never lost my faith and that's what got me through. It is with great joy that we name this scholarship after our dearly loved friend.
- Student must be a first generation college student;
- Student must be enrolled in a Bachelor's level major cohort program;
- Student must have a minimum 3.0 FPU cumulative GPA with at least 12 completed units from Fresno Pacific University;
- Student must be enrolled in at least the second semester of their major cohort program;
- Student must provide a letter of reference that demonstrates exceptional leadership and / or service within the church and / or community;
- Preference will be given to students who have not qualified for grants, excluding other merit-based scholarships and the church match scholarship;
- Student athletes must meet NCAA Division II Regulations for scholarships;
- Student may only be awarded The FPU - North Fresno Center Romelia "Romie" Gonzalez Degree Completion Scholarship once.