This scholarship was established in 2008 to provide financial awards to students with a proven track record of service. It was designed to encourage students to continue to further the will of Christ and His church through local and global service.
This scholarship was made possible by memorial gifts in honor of Evelyn Wiebe and was perpetuated by Dr. Arthur Wiebe and his family. Evelyn is best remembered for her service in support of our common calling to serve FPU. She was a true lady and woman of God who loved her family. She supported her family through all of their endeavors and delighted in serving others. Evelyn stood alongside her husband, Dr. Wiebe, while he served as president of Pacific College and the AIMS Foundation, and also in his role as principal at Immanuel High School. She cared deeply about each successive mission and found great joy in encouraging students through scholarships.
- Preference given to FPU juniors and seniors with proven record in academic work;
- Exemplary service either on or off campus;
- Evidence of strong Christian commitment to the Lordship of Christ;
- Must meet NCAA Division II Regulations for scholarships if a student athlete;
- Personal character reflects the moral and ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University;
- Financial need a secondary factor.
- A new student will receive it each year.