This scholarship was established in 2008 to prepare students for various careers, especially those in the insurance industry. Dr. Schmitt was passionate about helping students develop a strong sense of ethics in their personal and professional lives. As the business world becomes more complex, competitive and sophisticated, it was important to Dr. Schmitt that the university train students in ethical business practices, honesty, integrity and that those students be reminded of the importance of customer service and keeping their word.
- Major in business administration with an emphasis in finance;
- Completion of a university business ethics course;
- Desire to pursue a career in insurance, risk management, financial services, actuarial services and/or business statistics;
- History of academic excellence and a minimum 3.0 GPA;
- Student athletes must meet NCAA Division II Regulations for scholarships;
- Evidence of a strong Christian commitment to the Lordship of Christ;
- Personal character reflects the moral and ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University.