This scholarship was established in March of 2013. Dr. Sommers received his Bachelor of Arts in Accounting in 1989 from Fresno Pacific University and is currently a faculty member and directs the Masters in Accounting program at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. Mrs. Susan Sommers previously worked as a staff member at FPU. Dr. and Mrs. Sommers have chosen to invest in the lives of students attending FPU by giving back from the proceeds of an accounting-based valuation textbook written by Dr. Sommers.
- Students who have declared accounting as their major field of study;
- Students who have reached junior or senior status in school;
- Must meet NCAA Division II Regulations for scholarships if a student athlete;
- Students who demonstrate leadership ability;
- Students who demonstrate financial need;
- Students whose personal character reflects the moral and ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University.