This scholarship was established in memory of Dietrich Friesen who served many years as a choral director at Fresno Pacific College and several local churches and his wife, Anne who supported him. It was designed to encourage students who are pursuing courses of study in the area of vocal music and/or students who plan to become choir directors.
- Preference given to student applicants pursuing studies in vocal music and/or plans to become a choir director;
- Student applicants who profess a biblical belief in Jesus Christ and acceptance of the moral and ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University;
- Student applicants who demonstrate sufficient academic ability to complete a full course of study at Fresno Pacific University;
- Must meet NCAA Division II regulations for scholarships if a student athlete;
- Student applicants with potential and commitment to make a positive contribution to the church, university and larger community.