Chester and Clella Jost established this endowed scholarship in 1989. Chester served on the Fresno Pacific College Trustee Board for many years and volunteered many hours of service to the development of the college facilities. The Josts were faithful financial supporters of the college.
- Priority given to students who are members of Laurelglen Bible Church in Bakersfield, CA;
- Students from Bakersfield area;
- Open to any students if the aforementioned cannot be met;
- Student athletes must meet NCAA Division II Regulations for scholarships;
- Demonstrates potential for contributing to the church, the university and the community;
- Evidence of Christian commitment and personal character reflects the moral and ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University;
- Demonstrates sufficient academic ability to complete a full course of study at Fresno Pacific University.
Preference shall be given to direct descendants of Chester and Clella Jost. If there are no qualifying descendants attending FPU the scholarship will become available to students meeting the eligibility requirements. If you are a descendant, please describe how you are related.