The Charles Xia Cha Yang Scholarship was established by his sister, Pam Yang (FPU alumni). Charles Yang was diagnosed with colon cancer and was called home in February 2019, during Pam's first year at the seminary. Charles had always supported Pam, especially with her desire to become a Marriage and Family Therapist and pursue higher education. This scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to underrepresented students, who are enrolled in the MFT Program at Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary.
- Preference to students who are members of a group underrepresented in the field of Marriage and Family Therapy;
- Be accepted in a Marriage and Family Therapy degree program;
- Must demonstrate financial need;
- Maintain a minimum 3.25 GPA;
- Reflect the moral and ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University in their personal character.;
- Student Athletes must meet NCAA Division II regulations for scholarships.