This scholarship was established in 1985 by the administration of Fresno Pacific College. Rev. B. J. Braun served as the third president of the college during the years 1955 to 1960. His pastoral style of leadership was very effective in establishing a strong relationship between the college and its constituent Mennonite Brethren churches of the Pacific District Conference. His strong support of the college was evidenced in his decision to endow the college through a provision of his last will and testament. As a result of this, the administration of the college felt the urge to establish this scholarship in his memory.
- Student applicants who are a member in good standing in a Mennonite Brethren Church of the Pacific District Conference;
- Student applicants who demonstrate financial need;
- Student athletes must meet NCAA Division II regulations for scholarships;
- Evidence of Christian commitment and acceptance of the moral standards of Fresno Pacific University;
- Demonstrates sufficient academic ability to complete a full course of study at Fresno Pacific University;
- Demonstrates potential for a positive contribution to the church, university and larger community.
Direct descendants of Rev. B.J. Braun will be given preference to receive this scholarship. If there are no qualifying descendants attending FPU, the scholarship will become available to students who meet the eligibility requirements. If you are a descendant, please describe how you are related.
List the name of the church that holds your membership.