The Billie Jean Wiebe Memorial Scholarship was established in 2021 to honor the memory of a beloved teacher, colleague, family member, and friend. Billie Jean's ties and dedication to FPU goes deep. A 1974 graduate, she joined the communications and English faculty in 1992 after teaching at Immanuel High School in Reedley, serving as program director here for many years. Well-known for her commitment to and care of students, she will be missed by generations of alumni. She was a passionate person whose legacy is one marked by authentic relationships with family, friends, students, and colleagues.
- Applications with a minimum 3.00 CUM GPA
- Applicants who demonstrate financial need
- Applicants working toward a degree in Communications or English
- Applicants must meet NCAA Division II regulations for scholarships if a student athlete
- Applicant whose personal character demonstrates and reflects the moral and ethical standards of FPU.