Bill J. Bunch (1931 - 2017) and Mae Fern Bunch (1933 - 2013) were married for over 62 years, until they were re-united in heaven. They raised five children and lived for many years in the Central Valley of California, residing in Fresno for the final years of their lives. Their youngest child, Brenda Bunch Downes, is an alum of FPU (1989). Although Bill and Fern did not have the opportunity for higher education, they always instilled the value of it in their children. Therefore, the children wish to honor their memory through an endowed scholarship to Fresno Pacific University.
- Students enrolled in the traditional undergraduate bachelor's degree program at FPU;
- Students with a cumulative high school or transfer GPA of 2.5 or higher;
- Students who show evidence of a strong work ethic;
- Student athlete(s) must meet NCAA Division II legislation for Athletic Aid;
- Students who have proven commitment to Christian service following graduation;
- Students whose personal character reflects the moral and ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University;
- Students must maintain a 2.5 or higher CUM GPA to reapply for this scholarship.
Letter of Recommendation Requirement
This scholarship does not require a letter of recommendation.