This scholarship was established in 2010 by Tim and Alice Smith in loving memory of Alice's parents, Dale and Eleanor Bennett. Eleanor was hired in the Advancement Office at FPU in 1983 and remained there until she retired in 1991. The Bennett's involvement with Fresno Pacific - as parents, an employee, and financial donors - was a joy for them, and this scholarship serves to honor their memory, and to provide support for Central Valley students in the performing arts.
- Preference given to traditional undergraduate student applicants majoring in music performance;
- Student applicants who maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA;
- Student applicants who graduated from a high school in Fresno County;
- Student athletes must meet NCAA Division II regulations for scholarships;
- Student applicants whose personal character reflects the moral and ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University.
Essay not required.