This scholarship was established in 1984 by a bequest from the Samuel J. and Anna Funk estate. Mr. and Mrs. Funk had been involved in the Mennonite Brethren Church during their active years. They had an interest in young people and expressed a concern that they should have adequate preparation to serve the Lord in all vocations of life. It was with this intent that this scholarship was established in their memory.
- Preference given to student applicants who are members of the Madera Avenue Bible Church and/or students in the mission department of the university
- Student athletes must meet NCAA Division II Regulations for scholarships;
- Student applicants who are citizens of the United States;
- Student applicants who demonstrate financial need;
- Evidence of Christian commitment and accepts the moral and ethical standards of Fresno Pacific University;
- Student applicants who demonstrate sufficient academic ability to complete a full course of study at Fresno Pacific University;
- Student applicants who demonstrate potential and willingness for a positive contribution to the church, university and larger community.
Direct descendants of Samual J. and Anna Funk will be given preference to receive this scholarship. If there are no qualifying descendants attending FPU, the scholarship will become available to students who meet the eligibility requirements. If you are a descendant, please describe how you are related to Samual J. and Anna Funk.