This scholarship was established in 1982 by an endowment in memory of Miss Susan Harder by her family. Miss Harder was a dedicated Christian committed to the work of the Lord. She was a faithful member of the Mennonite Brethren church since her baptism in her early years in Minnesota. She had a great heart for children and for missions. She was an elementary school teacher for many years in the public schools of Minnesota and California until her retirement in 1954. She had a strong interest in Christian education and was a supporter of Christian schools throughout the years. She spent her later years in Dinuba living in a home with her sisters. It is hoped that this scholarship may encourage the recipients in years to come to further their education in preparation for their life's mission. It is in this spirit that this scholarship was established.
- Preference given to students demonstrating financial need;
- Citizen of the United States;
- Evidence of Christian commitment and acceptance of the moral standards of Fresno Pacific University;
- Demonstrates sufficient academic ability to complete a full course of study at Fresno Pacific University;
- Student athletes must meet NCAA Division II Regulations for scholarships;
- Demonstrates potential and willingness for a positive contribution to the church, university and larger community.
Direct descendants of Jacob and Susanna Harder will be given preference to receive this scholarship. If there are no qualifying descendants attending FPU, the scholarship will become available to students who meet the eligibility requirements.
If you are a descendant, please describe how you are related to Jacob and Susanna Harder.